History

In 2018 Tweed Valley Adventist College (TVAC) will have been offering quality Christian co-education to students in the Tweed Valley for 60 years. Commencing as a Primary school in Riverview Street in 1958, Murwillumbah SDA School, as it was then named, had twenty students. By 1964 the College had grown to thirty-five students and offered a Secondary curriculum.

In 1974, the College was relocated to its present site in Hall Drive, Murwillumbah. By 1998 Tweed Valley Adventist College was named one of the top nine ‘Outstanding Small Schools’ in New South Wales and was providing the community with a seamless curriculum from Kindergarten to Year 12.

To this day, Tweed Valley Adventist College continues to effectively guide students through the Higher School Certificate while at the same time caring for their social, spiritual and emotional well-being. Throughout its existence, Tweed Valley Adventist College has always maintained a strong Christian focus.

Established by the Seventh-day Adventist church, its strong association with the church continues to this day, providing solid governance and leadership.

Seventh-day Adventists are committed to making Adventist education accessible, which makes it one of the largest Protestant education systems in the world. Adventist Schools Australia operates fifty schools and caters for more than 11,000 students, providing a network of resources to give students an education of the highest quality in an ideal Christian learning environment.

Nurture for today, learning for tomorrow character for eternity

© 2017    Tweed Valley Adventist College